Sunday, August 30, 2009

Laptop Cover

Recently there was a "flying" cat who dashed across the table and knocked my laptop on the floor.  Since then I haven't been able to close it properly so I decided to make a cover for it.  In my stash of completed blocks that have never made it into a quilt, I found 18 blocks perfect for this. The colored fabrics are hand dyes I did about 10 years ago and then made these small 4 1/2" blocks.  It slips over the monitor section and has the same design on the back side, then it just lies flat on the keyboard. I quilted it up, and now I just love it. So from this I have accomplished 2 things: I completed a project and cut back on the catnip for the cats!!

4 Sew wonderful folks left a comment!:

Threeundertwo said...

That is so perfect! What a clever way to use those blocks.

Unknown said...

Flying cats? I definitely know about that. The cover really seems to remedy that, great idea! Pretty too!

sewfunquilts said...

I can definitely associate with you about the flying cats! I love your new cover for your laptop!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is gorgeous ! I just love it. And what a great idea to protect a laptop !

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I will try to respond to all...Lyne