Monday, September 14, 2009

Synergy Blocks Completed!!

The blocks are finally complete!! This is a "Synergy" block designed by Jinny Beyer. It has been paper pieced and it's 10" square. I like to do my paper pieceing on tracing paper. I buy large 14" X 17" pads of paper from Hobby Lobby and trace the patterns myself.  I do a lot of paper pieceing and I find that tracing paper holds up very nicely with the smaller stitches required and it folds nicely for trimming without any tears.
The hardest part of this block was making the fabric choices! Last night I put the blocks together and now I just need to add the borders.  I will update with a picture when that's completed. Click on the picture to enlarge and see the fabrics if you like.

5 Sew wonderful folks left a comment!:

sewfunquilts said...

Gorgeous blocks. You picked out great colors and am anxious to see it when you get them together. It will be stunning!

Colleen said...

Your synergy block is stunning! Very interesting design and the colors are fabulous! I will be anxious to see other blocks!
Colleen

Anita in Florida said...

Beautiful...I just finished making a similar pp block that I found 'free' on the internet. And, I agree, the hardest part is the fabric selections and keeping them in order!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, what a zinger of a block! I am preparing to pick purples and yellows to recreate my Strips that Sizzle quilt that was in the book of the same name, and when I saw your block, it was like WOW!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Very Very beautiful~!

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I will try to respond to all...Lyne