Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Do What You Love...

DO WHAT YOU LOVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART. That's what this wallhanging in my sewing room says!! I couldn't agree more. I have been sewing forever (we'll keep that undisclosed!), and have been quilting for 20 years. Although I've tried my hand at many crafts, cross stitch, tole painting, floral arranging and so on, sewing has always been my passion. This is where the bulk of my "investment" to myself lies. I truly believe that purchasing good tools: scissors, rotary cutters & mats, lighting, sewing machine and tables, a good chair and all the little notions one buys, is what makes for the best sewing experience. Early on I got the least expensive items, but as time went on, and finances allowed, I upgraded!! Lots of people I knew thought I was crazy to spend $4500.00 for a Bernina! But, I sew almost everyday, and that's what makes it an investment in myself.
This wallhanging was a labor of love with all it's little applique pieces, but it's got all the stuff I like pictured in it. I hope you like it too.

4 Sew wonderful folks left a comment!:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute quilt and very appropriate. I too love what you love!

I've never seen this quilt design before. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Becky said...

I love the wall hanging. But I also love the treatment on the wall behind the hanging...is that wall paper or paint?

Reese =^..^= said...

I love the quilt wallhanging. It looks like you are very talented in your chosen craft. There is not one thing wrong with investing in that. There are a lot worse things you could spend $$ on.

sewfunquilts said...

I love the same things you do too! The sewing/quilting & the cats just go together!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I will try to respond to all...Lyne