Saturday, June 20, 2009

Quilting vs Housework


I need more discipline. I'll start a project and everything else gets shoved aside!! I don't mind doing the housework, once I get started it's all systems go. But, I have a tendency to wander into the sewing room. So I've started setting the kitchen timer to remind myself to take the clothes out of the dryer, etc. I'm fortunate that I only work 4 days a week. Thinking on it, if I just did a little more housework on those days...then on my off days I'd have bigger chunks of time to devote to the pleasure of quilting! Anyhow, here's a picture of my "Purple Haze" wallhanging done in Batiks. I just love the flow of the colors in batiks.

1 Sew wonderful folks left a comment!:

jenclair said...

I use a timer, too. Two timers, actually. I have one in the sewing/computer room, to keep me from spending too much time on the computer, and one in the kitchen to keep me on task for household chores. It is strange how well I can ignore the timer, though!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be checking in for tips on quilting. :) Enjoy your new adventure and keep your timer handy!

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I will try to respond to all...Lyne