Sunday, June 6, 2010

ITTY BITTY HOURGLASS

After the usual weekend housework (yuk!), I spent some time whipping up this cute little hourglass miniature quilt.  Each block measures 1 1/2" square.  Total size is 10 1/2" square.  I'm going to add this to the "small quilt" wall in the den when I accumulate a few more.

10 Sew wonderful folks left a comment!:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

OMC!! We can't believe you've done something so pretty just in your spare time!

Sandra said...

Nice job! I know those small blocks are a challenge to handle. Very cute!

Munaiba said...

That is really beautiful and reminds me of the saying "the best things come in small packages".

Little Lady Patchwork said...

So small and so amazing!

Just Ramblin' said...

Love your "itty bitty hourglass" quilt. I am becoming addicted to the hourglass block. It is such a fun, quick pattern! Nola

Barbara said...

simply stunning ! How did you do the edge ?

Barbara said...

Thanks Lynne for the answer.

Because the binding, at least in the web photo, appears the same color as the border, I thought the edge was all one and topstitched.

I too love doing the binding !

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I love mini's! That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous ! I love it.

Melissa ;-) said...

I really need to get to making some of these little wall quilts. The classic design is so calming and they are so cute!

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I will try to respond to all...Lyne