Saturday, September 11, 2010

1,501 HEXIES AND COUNTING....

I can't believe I've come this far!  I've been keeping track of my progress since deciding to join in on the Hexagon Charm Quilt Piece-Along at Texas Freckles..  You can follow my progress in my sidebar.  These are 1" hexies and my goal is 2,704 so I'm more than half way there.  They are somewhat sorted by color so I can see where I need more of a certain color for better balance in the overall design.  Of course, I still have to sew all of these together!  It will be 52 rows of 52 for a size of 90" x 90".  I'd say this was an "ongoing" project!!  Click on the picture for a larger view.

13 Sew wonderful folks left a comment!:

Anonymous said...

Waow: it looks like a box of chocolates or sweets ! ;-)
I can't imagine how much work it took you.

sewfunquilts said...

My gosh that's wonderful! You are so dedicated to this project and so organized....thanks for sharing.

Scarlett Burroughs said...

Lynn,
A lot of work went into making the contents of that box. I love your hexie story and I linked to your post here:
http://quilting.craftgossip.com/ta-dah-1501-hexies-for-piece-along/2010/09/11/

Warm regards,
Scarlett Burroughs
Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip

Angie Padilla said...

Yummy! I love hexies displayed this way. Don't know if they should go in a quilt or be eaten! LOL

Lisa said...

Absolutely love it, and I'm so jealous. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow....so much prettier than a box of chocolates!!

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Sorry to use your post to send you a question, but I wanted to know if you had considered having a "button" or whatever you bloggers call it where I could subscribe for your post updates via e-mail? I love getting updates that way, and would appreciate if if you would see if that could be done. Thanks ever so much! dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

jenclair said...

Oh, my! What a pretty sight!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'm drooling :)

Did you know you won a prize over at IHAN? Better scroll through some posts and see what prize you won...or I'll let you just e-mail me :)

Kelly

em's scrapbag said...

What a pretty picture. This is going to be an amazing quilt.

Mishka said...

Wow, they are so gorgeous!

Vickie E said...

wow love your box o'hexies...

Carrie P. said...

wow, that sure is a lot of hexies. you have been busy.
Your mug rug is great. I like the touch of embroidery in the corners.
Thanks so much for coming by my blog.

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I will try to respond to all...Lyne